Monday, March 22, 2010

A little scare...

This last week on tuesday we had a little scare. Mason Elyse was eating her cereal up to the bar. She decided to stand up on her stool and walk from one to the other to heat up her bread in the toaster. As she stepped from one stool to another she lost her footing and landed head first. This is not the first time Mason has taken a tumble on her head so I did not panic. I picked her up, calmed her down, and had her start watching a movie. About 5 minutes later though she informed me that she was tired and wanted a nap. RED FLAG! Now I was worried Mason does not even nap. I loaded her into the van and drove to the doctors office. The whole time yelling at her to keep her awake. She got more and more pale as we drove. When we finally reached the instacare she started to throw-up. They immediately called the ambulance. As the ambulance arrived so did Met and he followed us in the truck to the E.R. Mason was pretty loopy as we drove down and they could not get an I.V into her little veins. As we exited into St. George she stopped responding at all and did not respond for about 45 min. to an hour. They did a cat scan and she was still unresponsive. They talked about life flight and I was getting very scared. Then they tried to put another I.V in and she came through with a vengeance. The cat scan came back clear and they discharged us with a list of things to watch for. She did have a pretty nasty concussion. I am so thankful she is alright. I think she took a year or two off of my life.

9 comments:

Annie Empey said...

Yikes!!! I had cold chills the whole time I was reading this...SO scary. I'm so happy to hear that she is o.k. though. Love you guys lots!

The Calico Crew said...

You sound like you were pretty calm through it all. I'm bad when bad things happen...gets me a little panicked! Glad she's doing all right. (thanks for the details! I needed more on facebook)

Lindsey said...

I was so sad to hear about that incident! Nobody ever wants those things to happen. I'm glad she is fine and that you made it through!

Kendra said...

poor little Mae-Mae, that was so terrible! I'm glad she was all right because I sure love that little girlie!

LaDawna said...

I'm so glad things are ok, I think if we knew all the things we would have to watch our kids go through we'd be afraid to be parents. This is one time it's nice to be ignorant. I love you all! kiss mae mae for me.

Saddie said...

Thank heavens she's alright! The things children do to make their parents old.

Erica Locke said...

Glad everything is ok! Love you and your family!@

rayndrop said...

when met and brian came over that night, he told me about this incident. i thought how very scary! i am glad that mason is okay. (and i'm glad it only took a couple of years off your life.) these little children are so very precious.

cuffters said...

That kind of stuff freaks me out!! Usually made worse by being an icu nurse!! Glad that everything is okay! Hey I will be up this weekend if me and Trev have the opportunity to go eat I will give you and Met a call!! However being the easter weekend that may be wishful thinking!