Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well that is just peachy.


This year for Peach Days I entered the Peach Cook off. The grand prize was a free Bosch mixer.  I have really wanted one of those for a long time. I entered a new creation that I called Peach Almond Cheesecake. It is really yummy! It was not yummy enough though because I lost to Fish and Peach Taco's. Britain wanted to know why I was sad when I had gotten a big red second place ribbon. HMMMM I don't know Brit. Bosch or Ribbon. Your right my ribbon rocks!
This year they did have 38 entries so I am actually proud of myself. Here is the recipe. It is so easy I even made it.
Peach Almond Cheesecake
Mix: 15 double graham crackers, crushed
1 cube butter, melted
3 TBS sugar
Press into 9x13 pan
Mix: 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 TBS milk
Fold in one carton of cool whip and 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
Spread mixture on top of graham cracker crust.
Cube 3 larged peaches and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture.
Mash 2 more ripe peaches and add 1 cup of water, 1 cup sugar,and 3 TBS corn starch.
Cook 5 minutes until it boils.  
Add 1/2 tsp almond extract and 2 TBS butter.
Pour over fresh peaches. Chill and serve.
Garnish with whipped cream and almonds.

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

what are you talking about, I would tottaly take a big red ribbon over the bosch, think of the possibilities!! I think that is awesome that you took second, even if that red ribbon can't whip up some bread like the bosch can.

Saddie said...

fish and peach tacos? honestly?! ugh. give me cheesecake anyday.

Erica Locke said...

Your peachy creation looks very good! Good job at taking 2nd... boo for no bosch. Hope to see you soon. Oh and your girls looks so beautiful in the first day of school day post. Chayse looks so old!

cuffters said...

That looks so tasty!! I am soooo trying it! Love all the pictures!

rayndrop said...

this just looks delicious! i sure wish you could've won. and i agree with saddie.

i linked to you and your recipe. thanks for sharing.

LaDawna said...

Oh Maridee I'm so sorry. I know how much fun you would have had with that bosch. Great job for secound!!! Really that is sooooo good. Thanks for the peaches.