Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A make over story

This is how my ugly front door looked prior to it's make over.....
This is the door knobs that I refinished with bronze hammered spray paint. (Thanks LaDawna for the tip.)
And this is my new and improved front door. Yellow and Autumn two of my favorites.
My sister's friend from back East said that they paint their front doors their favorite color so people can find their homes easier. It works I already told someone to look for my yellow door and they found me no problem. I love it!

7 comments:

THE HILLS said...

cute!! I love bright front doors.

rayndrop said...

oooooo...i love it too! so it's the same knob just spray painted? and did you use spray paint for the door too? i want a front door makeover. how do you think pink would look? (because that's my favorite.) or maybe a dark, dark grey?

on another note, the beach would be great!

and on another note, i keep meaning to ask you something but everytime i see you i forget what it is, so tell me this code word the next time we meet: craft.

The Johnson's said...

Yes Rayn it is the same door knobs just spray painted. I used out door paint on the door and painted it with first the finest nap roller for metal doors. Then I sanded it down because the roller left too much of a texture. I then did a final coat with foam brushes. I think spray paint would run. The ideal way would be to use a paint sprayer I think. I think pink would be awesome. Gene may disagree though. On the other "NOTES" I will talk to you later.

LaDawna said...

Maridee nice job! I love love love it! Front doors make a big difference. Happy Fall! I love the Fall too!

LaDawna said...

So I just enlarged your photo, Is that a girl scarecrow with pig talis? She is so cute.

Erica Locke said...

way fun! good color choice.

Lindsey said...

so when can I hire ya to come do my door??? LOVE It!