Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Our Easter Miracle
This Easter we went to Lake Mead for the annual easter fishing trip. We had a great time but that is not what I am blogging about. One afternoon we were sitting around visiting watching the kids play on the beach. The weather was calm and Chayse(11) and Hailey(12) were out paddling in an inflatable raft not far from shore. Lincoln our 9 year old cousin was also playing in a seperate inflatable raft. All of the sudden the wind picked up and the rain started to pelt down on us. The rafts were blown out of our cove and into the main channel. The wind was so hard it blew down tents. The rain came so hard that it was hard to see through it. And the three kids were out in the main channel with no life jackets and the wind was pushing them away not closer besides that the waves got a lot bigger. As a mother I was terrified and there was nothing I could do. They were way too far out to swim to and the men had all of our boats out fishing. So we all did the only thing that we could do. PRAY! And I am not joking when I say the wind and rain stopped and the wind changed direction and blew the rafts toward shore. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father was watching over us and that the kids knew that they could pray when they needed help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I think the best part of your Easter Miracle is that they kids in their seperate boats said a prayer as well. You've raised some good kids...well, not exactly raised yet but you're definitly on the right track! I loved Chayse's talk in primary :)
I am so glad that you are all safe. I am happy that your kids have been taught by amazing parents that all you need to do is ask! I love my father in heaven and I know he loves us all! Love you guys
I love this story. I'm glad everyone is safe. We are so blessed to have our Heavenly father and Jesus Christ in our lives.
i enjoyed hearing chayse give her talk in primary as well. i think it's so important that no matter what happens we can ALWAYS pray. and i think it's so important to teach our children that too.
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm thankful for the goosebumps that come from the Holy Ghost testifing that it is true! Prayer works! Miracles happen! God loves us! Thanks to you all for your examples. Love you! Shay
Wow! I like this story. Thanks for being a good aunt, a good example, and a constant friend.
Thanks for your comment awhile back about loving me the way I love Maddie... I never thought of it like that. I knew you loved me, but I guess I didn't know how much really.
Amen! Thanks for the story we don't always think of prayers in a big way. But I am glad that examples like these teach us. The feeling of not being able to do anything... is horrible. So when we realize we are not in control we need help in a big way and prayer is there! Makes calling 911 slow. Glad everyone is fine.
Post a Comment