Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So I'm a little sad.

"Why?" You might ask. " Well I'm not sure." I would reply and that would be the truth too. I think part of it has to do with being disappointed. At least thats the emotion I think I'm feeling. I'm disappointed that Mandys not getting married on the 19th. I'm disappointed that I am constantly saying the wrong things and making people mad. I'm disappointed that everywhere I go I find people looking to be offended and mistreated. I'm disappointed that I can't  fix everything. I'm disappointed because the harder I try to become better the more, it seems, I fail. I'm just disappointed. 

6 comments:

The Andra Family said...

I think the difference between you and me and everyone else, is that we're too embarrassed, proud, or whatever to admit, that we too are disappointed with ourselves or situations around us. I can completely relate, but it's awesome you can put it out there. Let me know if i can do anything.

Saddie said...

As a kid it was normal to be sad and disappointed. You felt the emotion, and moved on. As an adult, I find it's harder to accept so-called negative emotions and let them do their thing, namely cue-ing you that something is wrong. It took me two years to admit to myself that I was very depressed even though I knew all the signs. I didn't want to think that I could be depressed, but boy was I ever! Thankfully, I have come to terms with it and can be more pro-active in moving past the sadness. So yeah, I'm glad you're brave enough to admit your world isn't perfect. And sorry I always leave long ol' books on your comments! You just always make me think! I like thinking.

LaDawna said...

Oh my little sister I am so sorry, I don't want you to feel sad or disapointed. I'm not saying you shouldn't feel that way or even that it's not good for you to feel that way. I just wish you wasn't feeling that hurt sad feeling. Because it still makes you hurt inside. Oh and by the way, I think you are wounderful! I'm so glad you are my sister. I always go to you when I need help or to unload and maybe thats not very fair. I'm sorry. I too feel sad that Mandy is not getting married, and I can't even begin to know what that mean to you and your family. I love you and I hope you are feeling better.

Mike and Dendra said...

I love feelings! Even that negative ones. This year I have found a wonderful truth. I thought I understood before. When I have any negative feelings I have forgotten to have The Savior first in my thoughts. When I do have him first I remember: 1- I am loved and valued enough for him to suffer and die. 2- I am here to find His ways and not fall for one of Satan's tricks. 3- That Our Heavenly Father is over EVERYTHING. (Even missing Mandy's December wedding. She had her wedding earlier this year. Glory to God! We know this!) He will not give us anything that we can't handle. What a blessing! Furthermore remember we are truly infants in becoming like our Father. Be like your children. Find his "Peace I leave with you." and his "Joy to the World" you can be circled in His arms every minute or everyday. So rejoice in His love.
Merry, Merry Christmas little sister you are the best!

Anonymous said...

I think it is the sad time's that we get to feel the Spirit the most. If we are open. I am sad for your family at this hard time and the missing hole that Mandy must have left.However I firmly belive that Mandy is doing amazing things in the very presents of our God and Jesus. If not for the bad times the good time's wouldn't be so great. I love you and have always looked up to you. I hope that you fell better and know that my prays are with you and your family.

rayndrop said...

I'm glad you wrote what you did. I've been thinkg for some time that I need to express some of my other feelings and thoughts, not just the happy ones. YOU know I have to apologize to people as well. It's good to know that we are ALL human and continually learning and growing. I enjoyed our conversation the other day, it strengthened me.